Be a part of the future of behavioral healthcare! Join our integrated healthcare team as a Behavioral Health Provider. The goal is to detect and address a broad spectrum of behavioral health needs in the primary care patient population with the aim of early identification, quick resolution, long-term prevention, and wellness for as many patients as possible.
Nestled in the Front Range of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center. The Peak Vista staff is a team of professional, caring individuals who are motivated, enthusiastic, respectful, energetic and committed to making a difference in the lives of our community. Behavioral Health Providers (BHPs) provide consultative assessments and short-term, follow-up interventions, while working with primary care and dental providers, as well as other members of an integrated care team. BHPs collaboratively develop and implement intervention or treatment plans using evidence-based, solution or problem-focused strategies.
- Provides consultative, psychosocial education, diagnostic assessment, and treatment services to patients with physical and/or mental health, substance abuse diagnoses, and co-morbid conditions
- Applies behavioral principles and other principles of change for prevention, wellness, and health behavior change
- Assists in the management of the psychosocial aspects of acute and chronic medical conditions, as well as co-managing mental disorders and life stressors
- Performs assessments of patient’s psychosocial needs and together with the patient, health/dental provider, and other members of the integrated care team assists in developing appropriate care plans
- Provides consultant services to medical and dental providers based on an integrated Primary Care Behavioral Health Consultation (PCBH) model utilizing co-visits (i.e. warm handoffs) and short-term, behavioral health 30 minute follow-ups
- Evaluates and/or revises care plan, as indicated, with appropriate documentation in medical EHR and communicates this to relevant inter-disciplinary team members
- Knowledge of the common factors and able to form therapeutic relationships with patients through collaborative goal setting. Monitors and tracks outcomes of delivered follow-up services with appropriate assessment/outcome measures
- Maintains all required EHR documentation on each patient served to ensure coordinated patient services and to help document behavioral health services
- Maintains organization and patient confidentiality (e.g. HIPPA knowledge)
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by supervisors
- Sustains productivity expectations established by supervisor
- Minimal master’s degree in clinical social work
- Currently licensed in the State of Colorado to practice as an LCSW or LPC
Experience: Experience and/or interest in working with medically underserved populations; with preferred experience in a medical or health care environment.
Peak Vista offers a competitive compensation package including five (5) weeks of paid time off, one week for continuing education, and nine paid holidays. Peak Vista offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, optional long term and short term disability and a 403b retirement fund. Federal and State funds are available for loan repayment for eligible candidates. Additionally, because Peak Vista is a FQHC, the provider’s malpractice insurance is covered through FTCA government funds.
If you have any questions, please call or email me.
Director of Recruiting
Peak Vista Community Health Centers
719-344-7813 fax number
3205 N. Academy Blvd., Suite 130
Colorado Springs, CO 80917